AWESOME, CUSTOMIZABLE, UNDETECTABLE

Engineered after months of anti-cheat research.
Register Now & Purchase
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valve Anti-Cheat Untrusted Bans (VAC) CSGO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cra0, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Cra0

Cra0 is a verified member.Cra0 Administrator Staff Member Verified Lead Programmer CSGO League cVision Subscriber CSGO PUBG

2. Hx878gjkghklg

Hx878gjkghklg Well-Known Member Verified cVision Subscriber CSGO

On Linux
    VAC Ban always show on Profile but in-game Overwatch Ban.

I never got VAC Banned in CSGO on Windows. Is it showing Overwatch Ban in-game or is there another Ban Message if you got VAC Ban in CSGO under Windows?

3. jabberwocky

jabberwocky Active Member Verified cVision Subscriber CSGO

Yellow "overwatch" == vac/UT ban all platforms (win/Linux/mac)
    Red "convicted by overwatch majorly disruptive" == walls/aim/bhops all platforms (win/Linux/mac)
    Red "convicted by overwatch minorly disruptive" == grief ban all platforms (win/Linux/mac)

If you got banned for AimTux or an AimTux fork (loaded via gdb), you're going to show a yellow overwatch message in game, regardless of platform because the gdb injection method is absolutely detected.

The sigging of modules loaded into cs:go and the related UT stuff seems pretty interesting though... Volvo is getting more clever ;)

4. CptHook

CptHook Member Verified cVision Subscriber CSGO

Is ow ban shown as vac ban on profile? I have a profile with that at least. Maybe the cheat got detected at the same time? It showed up as vac the same day.

https://imgur.com/gQrgM48 - ingame screenshot

https://imgur.com/gDYi0W7 - profile screenshot

5. jabberwocky

jabberwocky Active Member Verified cVision Subscriber CSGO

I'm not sure what the precedence is for game ban vs vac ban... but it looks like you got hit by 1 and the other registered either before or after it and thus the 2nd wasn't registered (i'm thinking vac/ut first then game ban later?)

In reality, that's a really weird edge case and not one I've seen before.